Strategos is an innovation and strategy consulting firm working with clients worldwide and across all industries ranging from energy and telecom to consumer products, retail and many more. We are proud that over the past 20 years we have helped hundreds of clients develop strategies that stimulated innovation and growth.
Our approach to strategy was first introduced by Gary Hamel, a co-founder of Strategos and described in his bestselling book “Competing for the Future” co-authored with C.K. Prahaladad. Prahalad and Hamel believed many companies were devoting too much energy to the preserving the past and not enough to creating the future.
Our “future back” approach to strategy consulting
Strategos builds on their work and our approaches are based on principles that have been proven over the last two decades. One principle is “work from the future back to the present” to prevent companies merely extrapolating from the past to the current and into a future that will only stimulate incremental improvements to current products and services but never question the fundamentals of the industry.
Our approach aims to develop breakthrough strategy that is built on a unique perspective about the future and requires the development of competencies that allow a company to innovate successfully.
Some of the key questions we address in our approach to explore the future state environment:
- What will the future environment be in which we operate?
- Which customers will we serve?
- What needs will we address, what problems will we solve?
- Where will our company lead and how will we transform ourselves?
- What will be the basis for our competitive advantage?
- What do we believe drives our choices?
- How will we get from where we are today to where we need to be in the future?
Making a difference
There are many strategy consulting firms but none that provide the integrated approach to strategy, innovation and capability development that Strategos applies. Our future back approach is different from traditional processes and provides a much better fit for times of rapid change and potential disruption.
Key differences of our approach are:
- Work from the future back
- Build the strategy off a strong foundation of business opportunities
- Ask different questions to get different answers than your competitors
- Engage a relevant subset of your organization
- Integrate strategy, innovation and capability
If you are looking for a strategy consulting firm that can help you prepare for a future where innovation is key to business growth and provides a different approach that helps you win in the marketplace then please contact us.
Read how you can start to transform and build an organization for growth by focusing on three key elements. Click the button below to download the article.DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE
Competing for the Future by Gary Hamel and C.K. Prahalad, HBR 1994
Competing for the Future the book